Monday, March 23, 2015

March 23, 2015 - #Humility

Hello my dear Friends and family!

I don't have much time today, its been a very busy Monday! We went into Chalco to the mission offices to get my Passport and to go change my dollars to pesos, so we took the new sisters that are in our area with us! Hermana Bello is training Hermana Guerrero who is from Texas! She is a hoot and we just laugh so much!! We actually entered the Provo MTC the same date!! Cray cray!!! But it was super fun because we got to go to the markets and buy some stuff! It was great!! They are currently living with us until they can find a house in their area! So we now have 6 hermanas in our Ward!! So crazy!!!

This week was great!! We had an amazing experience the other week, we were humbled that's for sure! So we were visiting with our recent convert Hilda (she is the one that got baptized a couple weeks ago with her husband and son) they literally are amazing! She is like my mom here, my Mexican mom!! Love her so much! We visit them almost every day! It's really amazing the love that we all share! So we were visiting with her and she was telling us about her neighbor Berta, that is extremely sick. She's told us about her before because Hilda is like the best missionary ever and tells all her neighbors about us and invites them to learn more about the Gospel! We've gotten so many references from her! AHHH I LOVE HER!!! 

So Hilda was talking to Berta, and Berta kept saying NO I don't want them to come over I am Catholic (that's what everyone says....until they meet us.... haha).  So this particular night Berta was not doing good health-wise so Hilda ran over and asked if it was okay if we came over and talked to Berta.  She finally agreed, so Hermana Blanco and I went over.  I have never been more humbled in my entire life and I prayed for like an hour that night thanking my Heavenly Father for all the MILLIONS of blessing that I have in my life.  Their front door is a tarp, and you walk in onto their property and their house is a little ways back, it's dirt floors, it's freezing cold, the 4 year old is in bed with a fever and is coughing so hard she is throwing up.  The mom , Berta, is in worse condition.  Basically barely breathing.  We start talking to her and I sit down next to her and put my arm around her and just talk with her trying to console her.  She tells us all the things that have happened in her life... I seriously was tearing up because I couldn't believe the trials this woman has been through.  She said to us "I don't believe there is a God, because if there was, how could He let all this happen to me."  My heart just ached for her, because I just wanted her to have the knowledge that I HAVE!!! And that I HAVE HAD MY WHOLE LIFE!!!  We are so blessed to have this Gospel.  
We called Hermano Pablo and his wife Cristina and they came rushing over to help.  Their son had this same illness before and they knew exactly what to buy and handed over the money and sent Fidel y Hilda to buy it.  No hesitation.  Hermano Pablo is also in charge of "dispensions" (I don't know if that's the Word in English) but it's where the Church provides food and necessities for people in the ward.  Berta's house also doesn't have a kitchen and she cooks all their meals over a fire, which is basically killing her by the second and making her illness SO much worse! So Hermano Pablo organized to bring her gas and a stove to use.  It really was amazing to see them help with no hesitation, and to see the love that God has for this family. 

Oh and i forgot to mention that Berta has 7 kids, and none of them are in school because she doesn't have identification.  Anyways this was such a tender night, and we sat with her and said a prayer, and told her that God IS HERE; and that He LOVES her so much and is showing her that He exists by all these people that are here to care for her!!!  I felt so much love for her and just wanted to help her and her kids.  She makes like 25 pesos a day, which is not even 2 dollars.  Her kids eat like every other day.  It really humbled me and makes me realize the amazing blessings that I have in my life - my incredible family, friends, our house, never going without food, having healthcare, and this amazing Gospel! I really honestly want to know what I did to deserve to be this blessed in my life.  I will never forget this day.

Maria y Clara are both progressing SO WELL!!! Clara is literally amazing and is so excited to be baptized! Maria is really receptive, just hopes that her husband can accept it too!  SO pray for Martin Martínez, that he can open his heart and be willing to make the changes in his life!!

Thank you all for the B-Day wishes! I AM FEELING 22!!! Thanks T Swift for making me excited to turn 22 so I can finally sing this song!! Haha. But for real Thank you all so much!!! 

OH AND WHILE WE WERE AT THE OFFICES TODAY...... THE DHL TRUCK pulled up!!!!! and Yep there was my package!!  So I got it today! Literally a miracle, and blessing from the LORD!!!  I haven't had time to really open it yet and see everything!  BUT thank you so much!  I feel so loved!  Getting mail and packages here literally is like GOLD!!! Haha.

Well, I just want to end this email with my testimony.  I know that this Church is true, with all my heart.  I know that families are eternal.  I know I am beyond blessed to be serving here in San Buenaventura.  I LOVE THIS WARD so much and have so many friends here now.  I know this Gospel changes lives and really is the only way we can be happy here on this earth.  The Lord knows us personally and LOVES us so much and just wants us to be happy!  All we have to do is turn to Him and He will give us the strength that we need to make it through any trial!  The Atonement is SO real!  And is an incredible blessing that we have!  It's a tool that we need to use in our daily lives.  I know and have come to learn that the Atonement is not just for our sins but includes EVERY feeling we ever feel.  Our Savior understands 100% and knows how to comfort us when we are sad, and going through hard times!  TURN TO HIM!!!  HE is always there just waiting! 

I love being a missionary SO much! And have made so many friends here!!  Friends that I will have forever!  I love you all so much and hope you know that I pray for you every day!!!  Stay close to the Lord, and have an amazing week!! 

Until next week my loves!!

Con amor,

Hermana Kitty Murray



No comments:

Post a Comment