Wednesday, May 20, 2015

May 18, 2015 - Bednar for the Win!!

Buenos días tooooodos,

I am going to apologize right now, I only had like 15 minutes to write today because we are going to Teotihuacán, aka, these awesome pyramids and we have to leave like really soon.

But this week was so great!! Elder Bednar came and spoke to our mission!! UNREAL!!! It was the coolest thing ever! Right when he got there we were all waiting outside to take a picture with him, and so we sang our mission song as he walked up and it was the coolest experience. The spirit that he brings with him is so strong. After we took the pic we went into the Stake Center and we basically had an open discussion with him for almost 3 hours, it was so awesome! We talked mostly about faith and how faith without Works is dead. It is so true, we really have to act upon our promptings we cant just sit around and wait for things to happen! Acting is the key! It was such an incredible experience, one that I will remember for the rest of my life, I recieved a whole lot of personal revelation and know the things that I need to do in my life to become better. His testimony at the end was my favorite part, he said like 3 times "I bare witness that Jesús Christ lives, He has a body, He talks, and this is His church" How powerful is that!! Everyone was crying because the spirit was so strong. I know that Elder Bednar is called of God as an Apostle to lead the church, and what a privlidge it was to have that moment with him.

Things here in San Buena are going good! We are still focusing on Ruben and Daniel and also our investigators Verónica and Arely. They are all so awesome and I love them so much! We are hoping to see more progression with them this week!!

I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father and for him allowing me to experince these amazing experiences. I know that this church is true with all my heart and just want the people here to understand and to feel the surety that I have. I am so grateful for my loving Savior Jesús Christ who atoned for my sins big and small so that one day I can return to live with him and our Heavenly Father again. I am so grateful for having this knowledge, may we all try a Little harder to be a Little better each day, the only way to be succesfull in this life is to try our best and recognize our faults and repent and try again. There is no end to the atonement, it covers EVERYTHING, and through the atonement of Jesús Christ we can be clean continuously throughout our lives. I was reading a talk yesterday about how our earth life is just 4 minutes compared to Eternity that is to come. We need to keep trying each and everyday to be better because we never know when our 4 minutes will be up. Grow closer to the Lord each and everyday, He will direct you and will help your weaknesses become strengths. Anything is possible when we put ALL of our trust in the Lord. I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Con Amor,
Hermana Murray


No comments:

Post a Comment