Thursday, June 25, 2015

June 15 - Amecameca!

Hello dear family and friends,

Its been a great week here in my new area in Amecameca. My area is called Huehuecalco, and we have a small part of Amecameca and then 3 pueblos, which are like little colonies in the middle of nowhere! hahah and my new companion is from a place called Springville, Utah! Hahah Hermana Sanchez and I are companions! We worked in the same ward in San Buena for 2 cycles! She is awesome and we get along great....always laughing! Literally never thought for a second that we would ever be companions! But here we are! haha

My first week here in Huehuecalco was good. It is WAY different than San Buena. San Buena is like the city and here is flat out country! It is quite the change, but its been a good change! We walk a ton!! Like a ton! hahah By the end of the day we are seriously so tired, which is good! But we actually have a baptism this Saturday! His name is Jonatan and he is about 20 years old and he really is a golden investigator. So ready for the gospel. What a great way to enter into a new area! Super excited about that! The members here have been so nice and really made the adjustment easy! I definitely  miss San Buena, but I am really excited to work with Hna. Sanchez here and for the experiences and people that I will meet here!.

Something funny....this past weekend was Stake Conference and a member of the Seventy spoke to us. But on Satuday they had asked Hna. Sanchez to share an inspiring experience from her mission. When we got there they were saying how we need to sit on the stand. So we go up there and then they announce that I am going to be speaking too. I about died, so I hurried and started preparing something. We were so confused!! But whatever I would do it. So when the time came Hna. Sanchez stood up and started walking to the stand and President Crickmore motions no, and points to  me so I was like oh shoot I guess I am going first, so she sits back down and I start walking up and he motions no and gets up and comes over and says no you both need to stand up there together and Hna. Sanchez will talk.....just remember that this is in the middle of conference so everyone is just staring at us. Hahaha so then we were like okay.....so we walk to the pulpit and I stand by her side while she talks and I just keep smiling and nodding my head! Hahahahahahah it was terrible!!!! How awkward right?? We were dying laughing after and all the members were asking us what happened! Hahahahah so funny!!!

I hope you all have a fantastic week and that you are all doing well! I am so grateful for my loving Savior who helps me everyday to keep going in this work. I testify that he can help each and everyone of us achieve the goals that we search for and he can help us become the people that we desire to be! 

Love you all!!

Con amor,
Hermana Murray


Hermana Guerro, yo, Hermana Sanchez, Hermano Israel Rivera Barron

No comments:

Post a Comment